Big Leather Wallet
If you've never had a wallet that cashiers compliment, you're about to. This full grain leather wallet was designed and built to last a long long time and look really good doing it.
This full grain leather wallet is not for the light of heart nor the back pocket.
- This wallet was built with full grain leather. All leather naturally has grain which is the tough fibers and pores located at the surface of the hide. Some companies shave some or all of the grain off to get rid of any scars (watch how they shave it here minute 6:30) the cow may have gotten in his life. But the grain is the toughest part of the hide and what makes the leather patina so nicely and last so long. When they shave it, it’s called top grain leather. When they remove the grain, it’s called genuine leather. And they do it so can make a wallet without cutting around any scars which results in a lot of wasted expensive leather. It’s why full grain leather is so expensive.
- We line the wallet completely with pigskin, which is a tougher leather than the cowskin. And the wallet's strap has a hidden strip of tough polyester to keep it from stretching. This is how we can offer a 100 year Warranty. And then we sewed it with our excessively strong marine grade polyester thread. It’s what they sew parachutes and ship sails with.
RFID Protection in Between
- You know how in some elevators or metal roof homes, your cell phone doesn’t work? That’s because the signals don’t go through metal. That includes radio frequency I.D. scanners. Our wallets are lined with a thin metal RFID blocking material between the leather and pigskin to keep thieves from scanning your wallet from a few feet away in a crowd to steal your identification. It’s a thing.
- The reason cashiers and friends will compliment you on this wallet is because the Full Grain leather ages so handsomely. The reason you’ll compliment us is because of the little details in the design. For instance, when the wallet is closed, I wanted it to be equally thick at the top as it is on the bottom (where all of the credit cards and papers and layers of pockets are stacked). So I put the thick coin purse on the top right to counter the thin top left side. This resulted in two parallel sides to make the wallet balanced when it is closed. And a small detail, but a big one; the ID window does not have plastic, which eventually gets cloudy, cracks and then tears apart.
- The wallet’s pen holder can hold thick or standard thickness pens because of the design. Both the coin purse and the main closure have two holes to secure when it’s empty or very full. There is an outside pocket to quickly stow away a paper instead of opening the wallet to put them away. And passports fit just fine.
- Free Shipping
- 100 Year Warranty
- Wallet Dimensions - 5W x 9" H x 1" D (not a back pocket wallet)