Leather Travel Backgammon Set
I saw a smaller backgammon set kind of like this one on a Small Island off the coast of Kenya near Somalia and I couldn't believe it's beauty. I got the basic concept of how to construct it out of strips of leather all sewn to a pigskin base and had one made as soon as I got back. This just had to be made. It is a solid work of leather art.
- Unparallelled 100-Year Warranty, details here
- Free Shipping, details here
- We use only the toughest materials: full-grain leather, strong pigskin lining, and premium UV-resistant marine-grade polyester thread (the stuff they use on ship sails).
- Playing surface is made of soft, durable suede. The board is chocolate suede and the triangles are red and cream colored.
- The playing surface is backed with sturdy old bull slats designed to roll up for easy storage and carry in the included sling case.
- White suede whip stitching around the board.
- The checkers are made from coffee brown old bull leather and natural light brown suela leather - double thick so each side is smooth.
- The checker and dice storage tube is made from black old bull leather.
- The tube caps also serve as dice shakers during gameplay.
- The carrying sling is made from full-grain chrome tanned dark coffee brown leather
- For storage, stash the checkers and dice in the tube, wrap the board around the tube, and slide it into the carrying case.
Dimensions (approximate size):
- Board: 20" H x 24.25" W x .25" D
- All Pieces (Case, Board, Tube, Chips): 21" H x 4.25" W
- 5.15 Pounds
Write Your Own Review